Can I volunteer at Voyageurs National Park?
There are many ways to give back and support our National Park.
Volunteers are needed for short-term and long-term projects, and there are opportunities for people of all ages and skill levels, including families and groups!
Whether you like to build trails, plan events, greet visitors or share your knowledge with others, please consider volunteering at the park or with Voyageurs National Park Association.
1. Sign up for our email newsletter. We'll keep you posted on the latest events including volunteer days at the park.
2. Do you live in the Twin Cities? Voyageurs National Park Association often has opportunities for volunteers to help with event planning, writing, creative and website design. Get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
3. Do you have experience in finance, fundraising, government relations, law, communications and marketing, public relations, program development, community development or conservation science? Are you interested in a leadership role? There may be opportunities to join a committee or even the board of directors. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
4. You can also volunteer at the park during the Volunteer Rendezvous or through the Volunteers in Parks (VIPS) Program! Read on to learn more.
Last year over 120 people contributed over 15,000 hours of service in Voyageurs National Park. Volunteers assist visitors, conduct research, rehabilitate historic sites, help out in the park library, and help with events throughout the year.
Housing may be available for selected volunteers who contribute 32 hours per week or more and live outside the local area. Housing can include cabins or trailer pads with hook-ups.
A wide variety of volunteer positions are available, such as:
- Interpretation Assistant Volunteer
- Visitor Center Volunteer
- Ethno-botanical Garden & Visitor Center Volunteer
- Headquarters Volunteer
- Website Assistant Volunteer
- Loon Survey Volunteer
- Winter Interpretive Media Volunteer
To learn more or apply for current National Park Service volunteer opportunities, go to www.nps.gov/volunteer or www.volunteer.gov or contact the Volunteer Program Coordinator at Voyageurs National Park at (218) 283-6600.
And thank you!