All park snowmobile trails are no longer open. Conditions are deteriorating quickly on the lake surfaces. There is heavy slush, open water near creeks, and lots of exposed earth on the portages. Trail signs, hazard markings, and trail stakes are being removed.
Thanks to everyone for another great winter season!
- International Falls to Kettle Falls (Purple Trail) - Not Open Rainy Lake/Black Bay to Kabetogama Lake to Ash River (Green Trail) - Not Open Ash River to Crane Lake (Green Trail) - Not Open Chain of Lakes (Dashed Black Trail) – Not Open Ash River to Kettle Falls (Yellow Trail) - Not Open East Namakan Lake to Sand Point Lake (Blue Trail) – Not Open Rudder Bay (Orange Trail) - Not Open
Ice Roads are no longer being maintained for the 2014-15 season.
- Rainy Lake Ice Road- Not Open
- Kabetogama Lake Ice Road- Not Open
Ski Trails: Grooming is no longer taking place for the 2014-15 season.
- Echo Bay Ski Trail- Open, Rocky Black Bay Ski Trail- Open, Rocky Tilson Connector Trail- Closed KabAsh Trail- Open, Rocky
Snowshoe Trails: Many trails no longer have snow cover on them. All trails can be hiked without snowshoes at any time.
- Black Bay Beaver Pond Trail- Not Open
- Blind Ash Bay Trail- Not Open
- Oberholtzer Trail- Not Open
- Sullivan Bay Trail- Not Open
All snowshoe and ski loans from the Rainy Lake Visitor Center have stopped for the season.