In the summer of 2014, Voyageurs National Park and staff faced many challenges. A flood resembling a record flood of 1950 occurred within the park shutting down multiple operations at times. It was also the first year of the new campsite reservation program.
While some revenue was lost and visitors could not camp at times due to the flood, many visitors appreciated the opportunity to reserve a campsite in advance. The park will continue to embark on the next phase of reservations as outlined below:
Starting September 16, 2014
- All visitors who wish to tent camp within Voyageurs National Park during the low use season (September 16 through May 14 each year) will need a reservation with www.recreation.gov.
- Reservations will go live starting 10:00 am EST on September 16, 2014.
- There will be a $10.00 service charge to www.recreation.gov for making a reservation but no charge for tent camping.
Starting November 15, 2014
- All visitors who wish to tent camp within Voyageurs National Park during the high use season in 2015 (May 15 through September 15 each year) will be able to start making reservations.
- Reservation will go live starting 10:00 am EST on November 15, 2014.
- The fee structure will be the same in 2015 as it was in 2014 for tent campsites.
- Visitors may make reservations by going online at www.recreation.gov or by calling the National Call Center at 877-444-6777.
A reminder to all visitors who use www.recreation.gov, to search for Voyageurs National Park Permits & Wilderness. This will bring you to the menu for making campsite reservations.Voyageurs National Park photo by Dwayne Boroski