Park Superintendent Michael Ward commented, "We believe we have come up with the best formula to maintain the sites while passing on a low cost to the user. Now it is time to discuss it with park neighbors and users and get their opinion of whether we should implement it or not. We realize that when we engage our users in important decisions such as this we make better decisions."
In order to proceed with a campsite reservation and fee system, the park must first get feedback from visitors and supporters like you. Please let the park know if you support a campsite reservation system or if you have questions or concerns.
There are 3 ways for the public to ask questions and express their support or concerns for the proposed campsite reservation and fee program at Voyageurs:
1 Email your support, questions, or concerns to Tawnya_Schoewe@nps.gov.
2 Voice your support, questions, or concerns on the park's automated feedback line: 218-283-6708.
3 Attend the next discussion forum on Dec. 15 (info below) to learn more and give feedback.
Public Forum with Voyageurs National Park Chief of Interpretation, Tawnya Schoewe
Saturday, December 15, 2012 6:30 -7:30 p.m.
12951 Weaver Lake Road Maple Grove, MN 55369
Discussions will include:
- Why the park is proposing a reservation system/amenity fee
- How the proposed reservation system would work
- Proposed fees (how much, what will the collected fees be used for)
- When might the proposed reservation system be implemented
- What happens if park officials do not implement the proposed reservation system/amenity fee?
- Gathering public feedback
Park officials also plan to hold a public forum in Duluth over the next month - date and time are yet to be determined.